Follow This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sea Urchin Rice Bowls@Rausu in Shiretoko

I like to eat in-season ingredients produced in Hokkaido. Spring is the best season for short-spined sea urchin!

Looks very yummy! This is natural one, not cultured one!!!!

I was able to get very fresh one---free from preservatives---caught in Rausu in *Shiretoko, one of the best fishing grounds in Hokkaido.
(*See the tourist information at the end of this blog.)

Well, as soon as I came home from a fish store, I made sea urchin rice bowls like this↓ Just put it on rice, pour a little soy sauce and eat it raw. Sounds delicious to me, but what do you think?

Wasabi horseradish is a must!

Would you like a bite?

*I'll add tourist information of Shiretoko to this blog.
Shiretoko is designated as a World Natural Heritage site↓)

You can very easily encounter wild Shika deer !

If you are interested in Shiretoko National Park, Please refer to my other post→click!

■Where is Shiretoko?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!