Follow This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hokkaido Shrine (北海道神宮)| Sapporo

We went to a famous Shinto shrine, Hokkaido Shrine, in Sapporo. Shinto is an indigenous religion in Japan. This is a shrine gate called Torii. It marks the entrance to the sacred area of the kami (Shinto deities).

The premises is still covered with snow!

Through this main gate,

We went to a main hall and prayed for the people suffering from the quakes.
You know, the world 4th biggest earthquake hit Japan, but we have to reconstruct Japan! I'm sure we can do it!!!!!

This is the main hall.

I feel comfortable whenever I come here!   

Well, well, well, I always buy my favorite plum wine at the shrine.
Plum trees are planted in the premises.

I also went to a rest place to eat a delicious sweet!

Look at this↓

A famous confectionery maker, Rokkatei, provides worshippers this sweet and tea "free of charge" :)

Adzuki bean paste is covered with rice & buckwheat cake.
I love it!

This shrine is next to Maruyama park, the most popular "cherry blossom viewing" spot in Sapporo, with over 1, 600 cherry trees!!

I surely come here every spring!!

 Beautiful, aren't they?

Spring is also a wedding season. You may encounter newly-wed couples like this↓

Looks very Japanese♪

■Where is the shrine?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!